The Hellenic Society for Oncologic Hyperthermia (HSOH)
The Hellenic Society for Oncologic Hyperthermia (HSOH) is a scientific, non-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate improvement of anti-cancer treatments by advancing the science, development and application of Hyperthermia, for the benefit of cancer patients.
The HSOH works to:
- Promote new ideas in thermal medicine and physics, and interdisciplinary exchange as well.
- Provide educational activities for medical personnel and patients in the field of Hyperthermia.
- Facilitate patient access to quality Hyperthermic medical care.
- Ensure evidence based Hyperthermic medical practices.
The Hellenic Society for Oncologic Hyperthermia was established in 2011 in Thessaloniki. It started immediately legal procedures to have Oncologic Hyperthermia recognized as a legal medical discipline in Greece, which was achieved in August 2012.
The current Board of Directors is:
- President: Vassilis Kouloulias-Radiation Oncologist
- Vice-President: Nikolaos Uzunoglu-Electronic Engineer
- G. Secretary: Aias-Theodoros Papastavrou-ENT Surgeon
- Treasurer: Christos Antypas-Medical Physicist
- Member: Kyriaki Pistevou-Gompaki-Radiation Oncologist